Tests for SqlCe using Northwind.sdf

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Hello Matt,

First let me thank you for your efforts in this project! I'm late to the party with implementing LINQ and have so much to learn still. Anyways, I have been working on getting your Northwind tests running with the various database providers. I've succeeded with the Access version and Sql Server. However, running the tests for the SqlCe version using the Northwind.sdf that came installed with MS Sql Compact Edition fails. The database uses spaces in the column names, so it couldn't find those columns. I then adjusted the Column Name attribute mappings to be the same as the database column names with spaces. The 'NorthwindTranslationTests' all ran perfectly. The 'NorthwindExecutionTests' tests ran, however there were several errors. I'm just going to show you only a couple errors because it may be a simple mistake on my part that you might recognize.

NorthwindExecutionTests

Test 135: TestAnyWithSubqueryNoPredicate - FAILED

Reason: Assert failuer - expected: 89 actual: 90

Test 137: TestAllWithSubquery - FAILED

Reason: Assert failure - expected: 3 actual: 2

So I'm wondering if my version of the Northwind.sdf database is different from your and could cause such an error? Or maybe SqlCe just doesn't support what those tests are trying to do.

Any help you might have is appreciated.

Thank you,

Kelly

Dec 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Yes, the DB Matt uses is not the same one which is included in the SQL CE Samples directory.