Example for a none SQL based system?

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Any thoughts on a simple example that shows how to implement the provider for a backend system that does not use SQL/Text -- for example, maybe an existing system like the SharePoint list API (SPList) -- that might be overkill for an example, but it shows the idea of what I am looking into?

BTW: As it stands, this is an absolutely fantastic library for showing how to work with these interfaces!

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I think you'd need to write a new DbEntityProvider (that inherits from DbEntityProviderBase) or write a new Base that does not assume that your connection is DbConnection based. You could hide some properties to save some coding effort but done right my guess is that you would need to define your own Base and inherit from QueryProvider and implement IEntityProvider.

After that I cannot comprehend to which extend you would have to go in order to make it "work" since in the case of SharePoint you'd be translating the IQueryable to existing code and not a text based query language, it might be outside the intended scope capabilities of this toolkit ;-) Doesn't mean it's not possible or feasible but to me it sounds like a lot of work.