How to handle complex relationships?

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM
I'm working with an existent Sybase ASE database. I've built a custom provider (based on the SqlServer Provider) and have put together objects and mappings for my database. I have a table that represents an education agency (school, district, state, etc) with primary key of district_id, school_id, school_number. For the object representation of this agency, I want to add a property for some relationships that aren't simple joins (parent, children). Writing the code to determine what the select criteria is for a given agency is fairly straightforward - in fact, one of the first things I tried was to make 3 private properties that return the district_id, school_id, and school_number for the parent agency to use as KeyMembers for an association.. This didn't work (of course not - it's looking for a member by that name, not a get method by that name!) and I can't see how to modify or extend the toolkit to take advantage of this logic. Can somebody point me into the right direction as to where I should be looking? The framework is HUGE and there isn't much text showing how the mapping system works.